Assistant General Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the sales process and systems.
- Responsible for hitting monthly quotas.
- Manage, monitor, and evaluate the performance of all staff.
- Train and mentor subordinates.
- Properly delegate, monitor and evaluate specifically assigned responsibilities of sales team through the Sales Manager.
- Responsible for managing disciplinary actions involving all gym level employees.
- Provide and maintain the highest level of customer service in a high volume retail environment through personal actions and development of the staff.
- Provide effective decision making regarding customer service issues.
- Plan and promote special events for the gym on a monthly basis, using corporate marketing as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that the facility is clean and operationally sound.
- High School diploma with five years professional experience. College degree preferred.
- Fitness industry experience preferred but not required.
- Be promotionally-oriented and have the ability to direct sales through company required outreach programs.
- Strong customer service orientation with proven results.
- Understanding of performance metrics including P&L, revenue, budgeting, inventory, payroll, cost controls and facilities maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with open, participative leadership style and drive for excellence.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and professional demeanor.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in business or related field with two years of management experience preferred.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Willing to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Willing to adapt to change.
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT PROVIDED**
Gold's Gym - VA/MD/PA/SC
Stronger with YOU
Gold’s Gym is one of the most iconic brands in the world. As “The Authority in Fitness Since 1965”, Gold’s Gym is recognized for superior service, facilities, programs, and products. Our roots are in Southern California serving workout enthusiasts and people who are serious about fitness and passionate about life. Founder Joe Gold knew how to provide the most motivating and inspiring environment to encourage people to challenge themselves and become the most they could be. Today’s Gold’s Gyms carry that philosophy forward and enhance it with expanding offerings, innovation, and technology.
As part of the Gold’s Gym family you will experience the pride and privilege of being a part of this great heritage. You will feel incredible empowerment from helping others change their lives for the better, just as Joe himself felt. Whether a single mom or a premier athlete, Gold’s Gym is the community resource for everything health and fitness.
Our Core values are: Integrity, Passion, Pride, and Leadership. If you share these values, enjoy working hard, and are selected as a Gold’s Gym Professional – you will have a rewarding career with us in changing lives for the better.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)